“In my own philanthropy and business endeavors, I have seen the critical role that the arts play in stimulating creativity and in developing vital communities – the arts have a crucial impact on our economy and are an important catalyst for learning, discovery, and achievement in our country.” – Paul G. Allen, Co-Founder, Microsoft
On Friday, March 18th, 600 young professionals from throughout the Sacramento region and beyond will gather at Memorial Auditorium for the 3rd annual Emerge Summit. Spearheaded by Metro EDGE with support from the Sacramento Metro Chamber, the Emerge Summit is a collaborative effort of the organizing leadership of 11 regional young professional programs. Simply put, it’s an insanely awesome and inspirational day dedicated to community, collaboration, and professional development.
As if the event itself wasn’t exciting enough…
- Keynote speaker: Greta Gerwig – Sacramento-grown, Golden Globe nominee, actress, writer, producer, and director
- Local speaker: Jay Sales – Innovation Strategist & Co-Lead at The Shop, VSP Global
- 11 breakout session options
- Awesome after party
…there will be some incredibly talented local artists doing what they do best – creating. These are just a handful of the creative changemakers (and a few Sacramento365 Featured Artists) at the helm of Sacramento’s resurgence, transforming the arts landscape.
The Artists: What to Expect
- Sacramento365’s September 2015 Featured Artist, Thomas Ramey, will have a sculpture garden and live demonstration
- Sacramento365’s January 2016 Featured Artist, Gioia Fonda, will have a mock-up of her “Give a Fork” installation
- “Seeing the Change”, an interactive exhibit by Jake Castro
- Target Paintings, an interactive piece by Maren Conrad
- Sculptures by Trent Dean
- Live performances by the Sacramento Ballet
- Live music from Joe Kye, Xochitl, and Andrew Castro
- Stage art created by Danny Scheible
To celebrate this year’s Emerge Summit theme, Metro EDGE is kicking off the day a little early with the Changemaker Space. Doors will open at 10:30am to give attendees the opportunity to experience this lively space that will feature artists, businesses, and nonprofits throughout the region that exemplify what it means to #bethechange.
Make sure you arrive early and check out all of the amazing talent and passion. We hope you will join the Sacramento365 team at the Emerge Summit on March 18th! For more information, head over to the event listing on Sacramento365.com.
**This blog post was written by Sacramento365.com’s Content and Marketing Manager, Karlee Cemo.