To help celebrate a decade’s worth of fashion, Sacramento Fashion Week‘s Blog Manager Bridgett Rex highlights some of the brightest stars to come out of the annual fashion affair.
As we at Sacramento Fashion Week (SACFW) celebrate our 10 year anniversary this week, we’re feeling a bit nostalgic. Throughout the years, our volunteer effort has achieved innumerable successes, but what we are most proud of seeing is the professional growth of those who have dedicated their time to make SACFW the dazzling event that it is today.
Below we recognize current and former SACFW contributors who have made a name for themselves in the fashion and entertainment worlds.
2. Formalwear designer Mimi Tran showcased in New York Fashion Week for the second time this year. She first premiered her stunning gowns during Sacramento Fashion Week.
3. SACFW designers Richard Hallmarq and Cindy Vo went on to showcase their collections at San Francisco Week. Fun Fact: Hallmarq, a Sacramento-based designer and panelist in this year’s Fashion Forum, also competed in the 11th season of Project Runway.
4. Designer Sacha Laurin took her unique Kombucha Couture creations to Paris Fashion Week last year. Laurin’s clothing is not just extraordinary, it’s alive! The former professional cheesemaker has gone from fermenting milk to fermenting green tea with SCOBYs (Symbiotic Colony of Yeast and Bacteria) to create “living” clothing and fashion accessories.
5. Ryan Douglas’s menswear has ended up on a variety of interesting people. The local designer has dressed a red carpet winner, UFC Champion TJ Dillashaw, and the Grammy-nominated American Christian rock band, Royal Tailor.
6. After gracing our local runway, Andy Allo became a recording artist and even toured with Prince.
7. SACFW 2007 model Elaine Welteroth is now the Beauty and Health Director at Teen Vogue. “I always tell young people who want to work in this industry to work tirelessly with a smile, be kind to everyone you encounter, and seek out opportunities to add value beyond the call of duty. It’s what has laid the groundwork for every job I’ve had in the industry.” (via Bullseyeview)
8. Designer Saul Latvanen took his larger-than-life couture to New York Fashion Week this year.
9. SACFW model Andrey Ivanov went on to become a top male model, walking the runways of New York and Paris fashion weeks. Ivanov’s chiseled good looks helped him land an editorial in GQ Style UK.
What memories will be made this year? Learn more about SACFW events on Sacramento365.com. And catch all of the SACFW fun on social media by following the hashtags #SACFW and #atTENtion.
***This blog post was written by contributor Bridgett Rex.